Hi all,

I was just wondering how others feel about attending a LDS Ward when you are visiting relatives.

I enjoy being with my sister, but she just assumes that I will got to SM with her on Sunday. I do not take the sacrament and can not sit through SS or High Priest meetings.

I seem to make the people sitting next to me nervous when I do not take the bread or water and head for the door with "Amen".  What do you do? Do you have any strong feelings about this?

Gene

Views: 200

Replies to This Discussion

bring a flask and make a drinking game out of typical mormon phrases such as:

"Bear with me..."

"Brothers and sisters, I bear witness that..."

"I know this church is true"/"I know that Joseph Smith restored the gospel in this dispensation"

"Tithing"

"On page/in section _____ of Preach My Gospel..."

Or just dont go :) and be friendly about it, trust me I know how this goes.

I married in to the family, we did at first then we just could not do it anymore. It went agianst everything we (I) belived in! we now find a local chuch when we visit and invite them to go with us!

RSS

Our Stories

Follow us on
Facebook & Twitter

Videos |Stories |Chat |Books |Store |Forum
Your Donations are appreciated
and help to promote and fund LAM.
Make a Donation

Privacy Tip: Setting your profile/My-Page visibility to "Members Only" will make your status updates visible to members only.

Top Content This Week 

Community Links

Map

Videos

• Add Videos

We are an online social community of former mormons, ex-mormons, ex-LDS and sympathizers. Stay C.A.L.M. - Community After Leaving Mormonism

© 2017   Created by MikeUtah.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service