This is a letter I recently prepared covering all my reasons for leaving church, the beliefs I've abandoned and kept, and the benefits I've received in the process. I'm debating whether or not it would be helpful to publish/send this to my LDS friends and family. It's very long, so rather than posting the whole thing here, I've included a link so you can download it from my website. (Note: I originally had it posted here, but I keep making updates, so I deleted it and have this link so you can always get the latest version.)

http://www.brandonpearce.com/why_i_left_the_mormon_church.pdf

Please let me know what you think, and if you think it would be wise for me to post it publicly on Facebook or on my website. (I'm worried about getting shunned and rejected by my LDS friends, but who knows what their reactions will be like...)

Thanks!

Brandon

Views: 459

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

There have been no repercussions in 7 years, but my sons informed me at the time that they didn't 

believe in the church, and had been feeling the same way, apparently we were all hanging  in there for each other for a while.  I left my husband, who was a part of the problem.  He is still active, but we don't talk much.  You can't debate your way out of the Mormon Church.  It is not logic based, personal choice is all there is to justify whether you believe or not.  Faith doesn't have to be rational, and there are arguments against any logic.  I refused to debate, something I learned as a missionary.  In the end even disbelief is not about reason but about what you know in your gut you have to do.

RSS

Our Stories

Follow us on
Facebook & Twitter

Videos |Stories |Chat |Books |Store |Forum
Your Donations are appreciated
and help to promote and fund LAM.
Make a Donation

Privacy Tip: Setting your profile/My-Page visibility to "Members Only" will make your status updates visible to members only.

Community Links

Map

Videos

• Add Videos

We are an online social community of former mormons, ex-mormons, ex-LDS and sympathizers. Stay C.A.L.M. - Community After Leaving Mormonism

© 2017   Created by MikeUtah.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service