One thing that keeps me motivated as the community manager and founder of LAM is hearing from you all how LAM has helped you in one way or another.  If LAM has provided you a unique experience from other communities, or helped in your journey in any way, I'd love to hear your "LAM Success Story" as I call them.  You can share simply what LAM means to you, what site feature you enjoy the most, how you have benefited from LAM, or whatever meaningful tidbit you come up with.  Thank you all for being members of this community.  It would not be the fun, healing and social place it is without your many contributions.

-Micah 

Views: 121

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

LAM helped me when I was ready to leave the church and didn't know how to go about it. Everyone supported me and was there for me every step of the way, including the best day EVER when I got my letter back from SLC saying I was free. It's also a place to go when I have questions, or when I just want to read what other people are going through or feeling. I'm kind of quiet most of the time. But LAM is like home :)
It is an excellent way to stay in touch, especially for me, living in a fairly isolated region, of a country with very few Mormons or ex-Mormons. Thanks!
I joined today (well actually yesterday). This site and PostMormon are great. I can blow all my time these two and the atheist and science sites. This is cutting into my Poker time.

It means FREEDOM from what I never should have been. It has only been 6 days since we walked away from it all and I feel amazing. I am beyond glad that I do not/will not/never need to go back there.  

Now... if I could just stop the TBM friends from sending me emails to help out in Primary.  Really.. I won't be back. Quit asking! :)

Agreat poem that says what it means to me

Wild Geese

You do not have to be good.
You do not have to walk on your knees
for a hundred miles through the desert, repenting.
You only have to let the soft animal of your body
love what it loves.
Tell me about despair, yours, and I will tell you mine.
Meanwhile the world goes on.
Meanwhile the sun and the clear pebbles of the rain
are moving across the landscapes,
over the prairies and the deep trees,
the mountains and the rivers.
Meanwhile the wild geese, high in the clean blue air,
are heading home again.
Whoever you are, no matter how lonely,
the world offers itself to your imagination,
calls to you like the wild geese, harsh and exciting--
over and over announcing your place
in the family of things.

© Mary Oliver. Online Source

RSS

Our Stories

Follow us on
Facebook & Twitter

Videos |Stories |Chat |Books |Store |Forum
Your Donations are appreciated
and help to promote and fund LAM.
Make a Donation

Privacy Tip: Setting your profile/My-Page visibility to "Members Only" will make your status updates visible to members only.

Community Links

Map

Videos

• Add Videos

We are an online social community of former mormons, ex-mormons, ex-LDS and sympathizers. Stay C.A.L.M. - Community After Leaving Mormonism

© 2017   Created by MikeUtah.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service