With all the new members joining, it may be a good idea for me to point out some of the site features.

Mission Statement: here

FAQ/Frequently Asked Questions here

Site Features
You can customize the layout of your "My Page" profile and decide how much of your recent posts to display.
  • Friends List
You can add friends and then post pictures, videos and blogs, and control whether they are viewable to all members, just your friends, or just yourself.
Track the latest happenings on the community "latest activity" feed, or those of your friends and community members by visiting their profile page.
  • Media Sharing
Photos and Videos can be posted in dedicated libraries or embedded directly into forum, blog, and comment posts.  You can also upload full albums and then share or embed slide shows in community posts or on your blog.
  • Comment Walls
You can leave comments on any public posts, profiles, or those of your friends.
Plan and share your own events, birthdays, CALM activities, meetups, or parties to share with your groups and friends.
There's a live chat window at the bottom of every page, or you can click "Chat" on the menu bar to view a larger version of the chat window. You can right-click on members who are signed into chat to start a private discussion.  Chat can also be popped out into it's own window.
  • Easy Navigation
Use the static menu bar at the top of every page browse all areas of the community: Members, Media, Community Forums, Chat, Events, Groups, Blogs, and more.
  • Social Media Sharing
You can easily share and "like" links through Facebook, Twitter, and Google+ integration on every page.
We leave privacy up to you.  Share as much or as little as you want on your profile and in the community.  You can change the visibility of your profile from Public, to Members only, or to just those you add as friends.  Blogs, Photos and Videos can also be shared with anyone, just your friends, or just yourself.  There are also private sub-forums where you can post and share with registered users only.
Looking for a meetup group in your area?  Browse our sub-community groups or start your own.  Then search for members in your area to friend and invite to local meetups, hangouts and more.
  • Self Moderating Community
Don't like the direction your blog or forum post turned?  You can close forum threads you begin, or moderate comments on your Blog.  We also entrust community members to respect each other and to resolve differences as mature adults as much as possible, and only engage in forum moderation in extraneous cases as reported by community members to the admin team and failure of a member to comply with house rules.

Thank you for visiting LifeAfterMormonism.net.  It is our hope as a community that you will enjoy and benefit from your visit and involvement here.

Views: 381

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm getting too many emails from LifeAfterMormonism!  How can I stop or reduce them?

You can manage what email interactions you get by default by going to your Notifications page under the My Page menu or by clicking here.  You can also stop following any thread, post or group individually by clicking the corresponding "Stop Following" link.

RSS

Our Stories

Follow us on
Facebook & Twitter

Videos |Stories |Chat |Books |Store |Forum
Your Donations are appreciated
and help to promote and fund LAM.
Make a Donation

Privacy Tip: Setting your profile/My-Page visibility to "Members Only" will make your status updates visible to members only.

Community Links

Map

Videos

• Add Videos

We are an online social community of former mormons, ex-mormons, ex-LDS and sympathizers. Stay C.A.L.M. - Community After Leaving Mormonism

© 2017   Created by MikeUtah.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service