Online Survey: Why Do You No Longer Believe That The LDS Church is the True Church?

John Dehlin is running this survey to gather feedback for a meeting with a "high level" LDS authority/leader.

Intended Audience: This survey is for people who once believed that the LDS church is "the only true and living church upon the face of the whole earth" (D&C 1:30), but who no longer believe that it is. 

Purpose: The purpose of this survey is to help the LDS church better understand the loss of belief in some church members.  The intent is for the results of this survey to be shared with a high-level church leader in the coming weeks.

There are 26 questions in this survey.
  A note on privacy
This survey is anonymous.
The record kept of your survey responses does not contain any identifying information about you unless a specific question in the survey has asked for this. If you have responded to a survey that used an identifying token to allow you to access the survey, you can rest assured that the identifying token is not kept with your responses. It is managed in a separate database, and will only be updated to indicate that you have (or haven't) completed this survey. There is no way of matching identification tokens with survey responses in this survey.

Survey Link: http://www.psychmeasures.org/index.php?sid=58166&newtest=Y&...

Views: 1011

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Great job tellin it like it is.

Amen- Jim Whitefield .  Call em on the carpet.  In my remarks to a church authority, I said- " Stand up and tell the truth!"  Cause I know they know it.  I also said I would ask " how the heck can you just sit back and keep supporting these lies and live with yourself?" 

Very good survey.  I hope that my answers can help.  I didn't hold anything back, except for the swearing.  :)

I never assumed this survey was designed by the church.  There's much there that the church simply doesn't acknowledge. And LimeSurvey is just a free Internet survey device.

I had a really hard time answering, not because of any fault in this questions but because I kind of left the church twice, in a way, and for 2 different reasons.

I first left because it just didn't make sense to me anymore and it just didn't feel right, but then a couple years later I began researching and became opposed to the church.

So, at first I just got creeped out, but then later I became very upset about the lies, which in the beginning had only been a minor factor and later became a huge factor.

So, I've been giving kind of mushy answers because I'm not sure which to reference, my initial departure, or my official denial of the church.

That is exactly my experience with the survey. The worst of the church I learned about after I left.

Ah ha!  Blue_Spiral, I had nearly an identical situation!!  Meaning, I left 2 times in a way... Cool :)  

I was 13 when I left moronism because  I was totally creeped out by my first meeting with the bishop.  I was insulted by his patronizing tone and he even tried to speak over me in a prophetic manner!!  I was outraged!  And I was already bent out of shape because the boys got treated WAY better than us girls were.  Talk about being second class citizens...

Anyway, I too, much later, became EDUCATED about why the Latter Day Snakes are NOT!  Christians.  They try to align themselves with Christianity but it is nothing more then a well packaged fraud.  For years I defended them as Christians!!  Oh, how naive!  

So, like you, it was a little hard to wade through the questions.  

Did the survey and then deleted it - just because I could.

I dont see the point of a survey when all someone has to do is check out postings on this site alone and you have just about every answer you need right here.

Bottom line for me is ---if Joseph Smith was a fraud and the BOM was based on lies then nothing else that follows matters.

Simple as that.  

amen. nothing else matters. hinckley himself made that quite clear.

There are so many reasons, glaring, but one is I realized all the laying on of hands was without any other guidance but one's own mind. esp since i gave many and was extremely faithfull. I was made so many promises that are a bunch of BS. Never happened and I gave it all I had in me to be faithfull. Who could expect more than all one has to give? Still never happened...

How refreshing to hear it told as it is. Thanks you. How many TBM are rationalizing why their promised blessings are not coming to fruition, because they don't have enough faith, are not worthy etc. It's all bogus, that's why it's not coming true. I must admit I mentioned to my wife the other day that my patriarchal blessing had finally come to fulfillment. It said I would have a beautiful home nicely decorated and I'd long to come home to it when I was away. That has now come true. It came true after leaving the church and my ex-wife. I remarried a Mormon gal and we left the church together. We couldn't be happier.

I don't get it.  Don't "high level"  LDS authorities consider themselves to be prophets, seers and revelators?  If they truly are such, they don't need surveys, because if they don't already know something, all they have to do is seek for revelation on the subject.  After all, isn't God the source of all truth?

RSS

Our Stories

Follow us on
Facebook & Twitter

Videos |Stories |Chat |Books |Store |Forum
Your Donations are appreciated
and help to promote and fund LAM.
Make a Donation

Privacy Tip: Setting your profile/My-Page visibility to "Members Only" will make your status updates visible to members only.

Community Links

Map

Videos

• Add Videos

We are an online social community of former mormons, ex-mormons, ex-LDS and sympathizers. Stay C.A.L.M. - Community After Leaving Mormonism

© 2017   Created by MikeUtah.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service