Online Survey: Why Do You No Longer Believe That The LDS Church is the True Church?

John Dehlin is running this survey to gather feedback for a meeting with a "high level" LDS authority/leader.

Intended Audience: This survey is for people who once believed that the LDS church is "the only true and living church upon the face of the whole earth" (D&C 1:30), but who no longer believe that it is. 

Purpose: The purpose of this survey is to help the LDS church better understand the loss of belief in some church members.  The intent is for the results of this survey to be shared with a high-level church leader in the coming weeks.

There are 26 questions in this survey.
  A note on privacy
This survey is anonymous.
The record kept of your survey responses does not contain any identifying information about you unless a specific question in the survey has asked for this. If you have responded to a survey that used an identifying token to allow you to access the survey, you can rest assured that the identifying token is not kept with your responses. It is managed in a separate database, and will only be updated to indicate that you have (or haven't) completed this survey. There is no way of matching identification tokens with survey responses in this survey.

Survey Link: http://www.psychmeasures.org/index.php?sid=58166&newtest=Y&...

Views: 1010

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Done, thanks for posting this, i think it was kinda cool. Good to be able to get your thoughts down where people could see results but not be argued against.

I wish I could get all the people I know of who have left to take that too!  It really did hit a lot of important issues-not all, but most.  Makes me wonder how the authorities can live with them selves in that mess of lies.  rationalization?

Nice survey. I'm excited to see the results. Will you let us know when they're published?

I only wish they had my primary reason listed: I realized that spiritual feelings don't necessarily confirm truth. 

I'll post the results when John makes them available.

That's what I thought Brandags, so I put that reason in the other box.

Brandags- I too left this remark about "feelings" not having anything to do with Real "truth".  Simple concept, so many people miss it, cause they think feelings come from Satan or God- not!   LOL, if feelings were any judge for running our lives and deciding what is real and not, we would be in real trouble.  Our brains can dream up the most insane situations.  Thank the good people of the world who have worked so hard in science!

I was also worried that the church would use it to help indoctrinate more peeps, but I guess I'm a sucker for a survey.

lol. That was a complete waste of their time. I really don't like it when people try to read my mind, or trivialize a difficult struggle that I had to go through unraveling the mind-fuck cog-dis that is mormon brainwashing. Can I just say that the cost of believing in Mormonism is severe psychological trauma? Raising kids Mormons is on par with all the other kinds of child abuse. The Mormon god is a conditional god and all the sheeple want to be just like Him. Mormonism is evil. Is it more or less evil than any other religion? I don't know. But it's pretty bad.

If I ever got a chance to speak with a general authority, all I would have to say to him is "Bye". And if I had a gun and a way to get to Mexico quickly, I'd probably do the world a favor and shoot the saggy balled sun-of-a-bitch right between the eyes.

Some people might say that I am angry and that I need to calm down. But my anger is justified, and I am trying out this new skill of mine called being assertive. I grew up as an obedient son of god, and now I have to learn as an adult how to think for myself. Damn you Joseph Smith! Why couldn't you have died in infancy?

Tell us what you really think. Don't hold back this time.   OUTSTANDING!!!

I think the survey is a good way for Mormons to know why people left. Not just broad strokes like "you just wanted to drink and have sex" or "you never had a testimony". Hopefully the more thoughtful people who see this will get a better understanding of how I think and why I left. 

I doubt the Mormon authorities will be letting the church members view the results.

I can understand a survey asking for someone's age and length of membership to identify perhaps when they joined and left the Church but what do education and income levels have to do with anything related to why someone left the Church?

This survey is worded and specifically designed to seek for patterns in areas that could then plausibly be manipulated within the Church to better 'accommodate' people without directly facing the fact as an organisation that it is a complete and utter hoax and that the lies are still knowingly perpetuated today. There is also the high probability that it would help the Church to target people for conversion who do not fit the profile of many who have left. They will find the potentially more gullible. Who knows?

I will answer one question though - and that is the last one. Please forward this.

“If you could speak with a top church leader, what would you ask or tell him?” My question is, when I first discovered the devastating truth about polyandry and sent the evidence to apostle Jeff Holland as requested - and when the Church, months later, asked for more time to research my findings - and when I subsequently had no further contact despite promises of answers to my questions, and I decided to publish - why did Jeff not accept my offer to send my draft manuscripts for him to consider and comment on before I published them? Why did he not just say they were not even considering the evidence as it had already been discovered, validated and even somewhat exposed by apologists; see www.fairlds.org/pubs/polyandry.pdf  

Subsequently, I discovered other ex-members had sent him similar information. So, there was no research being undertaken and no intention of ever answering my questions. Jeff lied; so why would they answer questions honestly if we ask any now? Clearly they wouldn’t and they won’t. The question they ask is what would you ask if you could. It doesn’t mean they will actually answer of course. As others have posted, it will just help them make up more stories, obfuscating the truth behind the lies. My question is, does at least one of the big fifteen – especially Jeff Holland, not have the courage to read my four books in ‘The Mormon Delusion’ series personally, study the evidence and then come clean, instead of hiding behind apologists who do not represent the Mormon God but are just ‘puppets of the prophets’ who write nothing but nonsense in order to manipulate members into a false sense of security, thinking their questions have been answered instead of cunningly sidestepped. I demanded answers from God through his supposedly ordained representatives – which they have never given, and cannot possibly ever give – because it means admitting all the lies, and one thing we know for sure is that if there is a God, he is not a God of lies and that is what the Mormon Church is constructed from throughout – lies. Read and respond, apostles of the Lord; read and respond. No testimonies, no tears, no emotional blackmail, just face and admit the truth and acknowledge the facts. There is nothing remaining in the Church that stands up to scrutiny; The First Vision, the Book of Mormon, the Book of Abraham etc., all proven nonsense, and mainly from Smith’s own words. 'Feeling' that they are true falls flat when you realise the details taken to the Lord in order to obtain a testimony of them were based on a false premise; ergo they were not confirmed by the Lord after all - it was all wishful thinking. Stand up and be counted, just as thousands of us already have. Read and resign in protest instead of remaining part of the problem. But then, treading that path takes courage and integrity and there is a price to pay, as so many already know. I wonder if any of them have a clue what courage and integrity to face and admit the truth really is? 

RSS

Our Stories

Follow us on
Facebook & Twitter

Videos |Stories |Chat |Books |Store |Forum
Your Donations are appreciated
and help to promote and fund LAM.
Make a Donation

Privacy Tip: Setting your profile/My-Page visibility to "Members Only" will make your status updates visible to members only.

Community Links

Map

Videos

• Add Videos

We are an online social community of former mormons, ex-mormons, ex-LDS and sympathizers. Stay C.A.L.M. - Community After Leaving Mormonism

© 2017   Created by MikeUtah.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service