Online Survey: Why Do You No Longer Believe That The LDS Church is the True Church?

John Dehlin is running this survey to gather feedback for a meeting with a "high level" LDS authority/leader.

Intended Audience: This survey is for people who once believed that the LDS church is "the only true and living church upon the face of the whole earth" (D&C 1:30), but who no longer believe that it is. 

Purpose: The purpose of this survey is to help the LDS church better understand the loss of belief in some church members.  The intent is for the results of this survey to be shared with a high-level church leader in the coming weeks.

There are 26 questions in this survey.
  A note on privacy
This survey is anonymous.
The record kept of your survey responses does not contain any identifying information about you unless a specific question in the survey has asked for this. If you have responded to a survey that used an identifying token to allow you to access the survey, you can rest assured that the identifying token is not kept with your responses. It is managed in a separate database, and will only be updated to indicate that you have (or haven't) completed this survey. There is no way of matching identification tokens with survey responses in this survey.

Survey Link: http://www.psychmeasures.org/index.php?sid=58166&newtest=Y&...

Views: 1012

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

If anything, I think this will show that people leave the church for legitimate reasons. Reasons other than the classic" 
casual sex, drugs or rock and roll."  We are in an information age now. One that church is not going to be able to stop. It took me five minutes on google and I had enough information to leave the church and never look back. 

This isn't a mind game of chess with the mormons.Its just a poll. I don't care about their next move.  

I'm not so concerned about TSCTC hearing about what made us lose our faith.  I imagine they've heard it all before.  What they might learn is more about the demographics of dissenters and which of the issues hold the most weight with us.

I think many of the higher-ups and local leaders for that matter still don't know the details of the historical issues so I don't mind informing them.  I'd love to hear them give a conference talk on how the Book of Abraham is true in spite of how the non-LDS Egyptologists have denounced Joseph's translations.  They won't even think of bringing up the majority of these issues in any substantial way.

I took the survey.

My first few years out, I read a lot of LDS history and also Hugh Nibley's apologetic drivel about the Book of Abraham. The leaders feel like that dirty job has already been handled by FAIR -- that way, they don't ever have to be quoted as doctrinal sources and their hands and consciences are squeaky clean. Here's the wiki:

http://en.fairmormon.org/Book_of_Abraham_papyri_%28long%29

You'll notice the core premise is basically, Joseph Smith was confused about a few things which is yet more proof that he was a prophet of god! Gag me.

Can't the prophet just talk to Heavenly Father and find out why Mormons are leaving the cult? Or am I missing something here? You'd think that the whole "revelation" thing would eliminate the need for this kind of poll.

Didn't you hear?  Surveys are the NEW Revelation for false prophets.  Seems like I heard that the changes made in the temple ceremony in 1990 were in reaction to a Survey.  I guess it goes to show that if you don't know what God wants, give the people what they want.

Question for Mike Utah, et al:  Why aren't our replies/posts shown/listed on LAM in chronological order?  Seems the continuity is disrupted when the responses aren't listed in their actual order of reply....  Just sayin....

The forum uses threaded replies instead of flat.  Top level replies are in chronological order but indented replies to those top level replies may be out of order, but should be direct replies to the reply above it so as to make quoting previous replies unnecessary.  I should run a poll to see if people prefer threaded or flat chronological order discussions.

RSS

Our Stories

Follow us on
Facebook & Twitter

Videos |Stories |Chat |Books |Store |Forum
Your Donations are appreciated
and help to promote and fund LAM.
Make a Donation

Privacy Tip: Setting your profile/My-Page visibility to "Members Only" will make your status updates visible to members only.

Top Content This Week 

Community Links

Map

Videos

• Add Videos

We are an online social community of former mormons, ex-mormons, ex-LDS and sympathizers. Stay C.A.L.M. - Community After Leaving Mormonism

© 2017   Created by MikeUtah.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service