I have never been a Mormon. But just a few minutes ago, I was reflecting on Mit Romney, perhaps the epitome of what Mormons would like to present themselves as. I was also reflecting on my discipleship in Jesus Christ, and of how my life has been a crucifixion like His. I am a "looser" in the eyes of worldly success. But was Jesus a looser? 

I was somehow moved by the deep suspicion (or realization) that Mormonism (separate from those who might at the moment call themselves or be called "Mormons") is a faith based on apostasy-- on a lie meant to destroy mankind. This is of the Evil one. And the proof of this is the seeming revulsion of the Mormon faith to the crucifixion. 

Those of you who have left Mormonism-- do you feel like "losers" to some degree? Do you feel that somehow you don't fit into the deep Mormon spirit which wants you to assume that YOU ARE GODS?

Either you are misfits who feel that you are failures and now hate other Mormons and Mormonism because you couldn't measure up, or you might just be true disciples of Christ.  

Remember one thing. To be of the true God, we must be willing to accept the crucifixion of our humanity, like Christ did. Any teaching that denies this is apostasy, and is of the Evil One who seeks to steal away the sheep of God. 

Jesus said: 

36 But as I told you, you have seen me and still you do not believe. 37 All those the Father gives me will come to me, and whoever comes to me I will never drive away. 38 For I have come down from heaven not to do my will but to do the will of him who sent me. (John 6: 36-38). 

Views: 149

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks Roger for asking if I feel like a loser.  I'm happy to answer  your question and tell you of my experience and share my perspective. I was a Mormon, my ancestors were Mormons back to the time of JS, and I remain pround of everything my ancestors endured and I respect their decision to be Mormons.  I have since split with the church and also my ancestors and no longer believe the teachings of the Mormon church.  In finding out the truth, I also discovered that my silly beliefs were not really anything to apologize for when you look at any other religion.  I try to respect all religions, but for someone who lives in a glass house, to throw rocks at my old rock house makes me laugh a bit.  Make fun of my old religion to your hearts content and then tell me all those stories about the big boat that hualed all those animals away to a new and different place after God got pissed off and killed everyone else on earth.  Yes I'm happy to own my silliness if you promise to let me point out yours.

Thanks for the opportunity to address this issue.

Yours Truly,

Devel Bar Cooper

Upon further reflection, and a re-read of the point you made, I will add that I was always more confused by the thought of being perfect than I was intrigued by the idea. The thought of being a God was much easier, because it is impossible to really imagine heaven, much less being a God of your own world. I did feel like I couldn't measure up, but that had more to do with sin verses guilt, which I feel would have been the same in any serious religion.

Mormonism is misunderstood in my opinion. It is more about a lifestyle and trying to live a better life and serve God in that way, than it is about  obsessing about doctrine.

To be sure about 10% of the membership in any ward is striving to be the most knowledgable, but the vast majority are floating down-stream. I do think strict religions are admirable for what they try to achieve, but also feel they do the most damage. Speaking for myself, the things you mentioned were not as important to me as other Mormon Doctrine. 

I will admit I read too quickly and while distracted and was a bit abrupt on the come-back on the loser discussion, Thank for a new and different line of thought, Devil Bar

Mormons do not concentrate on the means of execution but on the resurrection afterward.  If Jesus was not resurrected than there would be no hope or redemption from death, both physical or spiritual. The most important thing that I leaned from Jesus is that an illegitimate child can become a somebody.

Dan,

My comments are regarding the following statement:

The most important thing that I leaned from Jesus is that an illegitimate child can become a somebody.

I have to say that I'm not surprised by the success of any illegimate child, but will agree that of all the illegitimate children ever born, none come close to that kind of success. Although, he did get hung on the cross, so I guess it depends on whether you are talking about his legacy or his life.  Add to that obstacle the starvation occuring at the time of Christ when very few children lived to reach adult-hood. 

But I  digress, I don't think either of us has answered the question presented by Roger.

To address Rogers questions

Those of you who have left Mormonism-- do you feel like "losers" to some degree?  ----No I feel like a winner.

Do you feel that somehow you don't fit into the deep Mormon spirit which wants you to assume that YOU ARE GODS?----- Since I do not believe in the theology,I left I obviously do not fit in any more. And I am as much a God as anyone else on this planet.

Either you are misfits who feel that you are failures and now hate other Mormons and Mormonism because you couldn't measure up, or you might just be true disciples of Christ.----  Yes I am a misfit I as I do not accept their theology. I do not hate Mormons, Christians, Muslims, Hindus or anyone else that is delusional about the existence of a god. Since I was a Bishop for 7 years I measured up, and no I am not a follower of Christ any more then I am a follower of other philosophers, law makers, or inspiring historic figures.

To be of the true God, we must be willing to accept the crucifixion of our humanity,---I do not  need to crucify humanity I need to live humanly and treat others like wise.

36 But as I told you, you have seen me and still you do not believe. 37 All those the Father gives me will come to me, and whoever comes to me I will never drive away. 38 For I have come down from heaven not to do my will but to do the will of him who sent me. (John 6: 36-38). ---  Jesus never wrote anything so all we have to go on is what others said  he said, and except for James and some of Paul’s letters we do not even know who wrote the rest of the stories which conflict with each other on many levels. John was written almost 100 years after Jesus death and he added many fantasies, some of which are borrowed for other writers and pagan theologies.

Amen,

Devil Bar

RSS

Our Stories

Follow us on
Facebook & Twitter

Videos |Stories |Chat |Books |Store |Forum
Your Donations are appreciated
and help to promote and fund LAM.
Make a Donation

Privacy Tip: Setting your profile/My-Page visibility to "Members Only" will make your status updates visible to members only.

Community Links

Map

Videos

• Add Videos

We are an online social community of former mormons, ex-mormons, ex-LDS and sympathizers. Stay C.A.L.M. - Community After Leaving Mormonism

© 2017   Created by MikeUtah.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service