Joseph Smith Promises Mormons Everlasting Burnings and Lucifer as Their God

Joseph Smith Promises Mormons

Everlasting Burnings and Lucifer as Their God

In volume 6 of "History of the Church" published by the LDS Deseret Book Co., on page 306, is a recorded, Sunday April 7th, 1844, Joseph Smith sermon. It is best known as the King Follett Discourse.  He states: "Here then, is eternal life--to know the only wise and true God; and you have learn how to be gods yourselves and to be kings and priests to God, the same as all the gods have done before you, namely, by going from one small degree to another, and from a small capacity to a great one; from grace to grace, from exaltation to exaltation, until you obtain the resurrection of the dead, and are able to dwell in everlasting burnings, and to sit in glory as do those who sit in everlasting power."

In the next paragraph, with the heading "The Righteous to Dwell in Everlasting Burnings"  he states again "...they shall rise again to dwell in everlasting burnings in immortal glory,..."

Isa. 33: 14 states: "The sinners in Zion are afraid; fearfulness hath surprised the hypocrites. Who among us shall dwell with the devouring fire? Who among us shall dwell with everlasting burnings?"

As early as 1836 Joseph Smith had a revelation recorded in the D&C that states: "The heavens were opened upon us, and I beheld the celestial kingdom of God, and the glory thereof, whether in the body or out I cannot tell. I saw the transcendent beauty of the gate through which the heirs of that kingdom will enter, which was like unto circling flames of fire; also the blazing throne of God, whereon was seated the Father and the Son." (Doctrine and Covenants 137: l-3).  And he also said: "These are the first principles of consolation. How consoling to the mourners when they are called to part with a husband, wife, father, mother, child, or dear relative, to know that, although the earthly tabernacle is laid down and dissolved they shall rise again to dwell in everlasting burnings in immortal glory, not to sorrow, suffer, or die any more; but they shall be heirs of God and joint heirs with Jesus Christ. What is it? to inherit the same power, the same glory and the same exaltation, until you arrive at the station of a God, and ascend the throne of eternal power, the same as those who have gone before. (Teachings, pp. 346-47, emphasis added).

Christ described the everlasting burnings this way: "And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats: and he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left. . . . Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels." (Matthew 25:32,33,41, emphasis added). Even the Book of Mormon records: "Nevertheless, after wading through much tribulation, repenting nigh unto death, the Lord in mercy hath seen fit to snatch me out of an everlasting burning, and I am born of God." (Mosiah 27: 28, emphasis added)..

There is nowhere in the Bible that it describes being in God's presence as being surrounded by fire or everlasting burnings.  However the god of this earth does reside in eternal burnings. It is clear that Joseph Smith's god is Lucifer himself. Further validation of this in D&C 63:59 : "Behold I am from above and my power lieth beneath. I am over all, and in all, and through all, and search all things, and the day cometh that all things shall be subject to me." Why, in the temple ceremony, when Adam calls out to God three time, is that Lucifer answers.

When I received my endowments in 1961, the actor playing Lucifer was wearing a lambskin Master Masons apron (it may be different now). It had the Masonic symbols of the compass and the square. Adam asks him "What's that apron you have on?" Lucifer "It is an emblem of my power and priesthoods." Temple Mormons wear garments with those symbols embroidered in them for the rest of their lives and are buried in them.

My missionary D&C has in the introduction a statement; "Joseph Smith received visitations from Moroni, an angel of light...". Apostle McKonkie's book Mormon Doctrine, under the heading Angel of Light, states "See Devil".

Joseph Smith's sermons, "revelations", and writings give followers many warnings that they are (we were) literally playing with eternal fire and damnation.

Claude O'Donovan

Views: 988

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The devil connection is a bad one.

There is so much illogical mormon doctorine. No need to make up connections that don't exist.

Didn't make it up, it comes from their historical records readily available and references are in my letter.  You are right about the abundance of illogical Mormon Doctrine though.

It's interesting that Devil Bar Kokhba uses a first century know false messiah for a proxy name.

Thanks for noticing. Bar Kokhba was a complete screw up, thought by some to be the Messiah and very misguided.  Somehow I could relate to all of that :)

The difference between Bar Kokhba and Christ was that there is absolute proof of the existence of Bar Kokhba, just mentioning it.

Devil Bar

Claude,

I've said plenty already and I've enjoyed your remarks.  I'm more than happy to give you the last word.  At the very least you can say that we are both very happy in the lives we chose outside of Mormonism.   Good for us.

Bar Kokhba

Maybe Kolob is out there after all...NOT!

lol

RSS

Our Stories

Follow us on
Facebook & Twitter

Videos |Stories |Chat |Books |Store |Forum
Your Donations are appreciated
and help to promote and fund LAM.
Make a Donation

Privacy Tip: Setting your profile/My-Page visibility to "Members Only" will make your status updates visible to members only.

Community Links

Map

Videos

• Add Videos

We are an online social community of former mormons, ex-mormons, ex-LDS and sympathizers. Stay C.A.L.M. - Community After Leaving Mormonism

© 2017   Created by MikeUtah.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service