Has anyone heard about Joseph Smith Jr. believing in another lost tribe that had found it's way to the moon? Apparently they lived to be over 1000 years old and Joseph Smith Sr., while church patriarch, gave several blessings promising people they would serve missions there after christ's return... 

Can anyone enlighten me here, was this a common belief in the nineteenth century? Google is not helping me much on this one! 

Views: 391

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks! This is perfect, just what I was looking for, now to go forth and spread the seeds of doubt...
I heard that Brigham Young said that people lived on the sun. But at this point I am not really surprised at what "prophets" have said. It would be cool to be a Moon missionary though...
Don't know how the astronauts missed that!!

Oliver B. Huntington said he remembered Joseph Smith saying there were moon people who dressed like Quakers, but there is "zero" evidence he ever said that other than Huntington's comments many decades later in a letter to the Young Woman's Journal.

RSS

Our Stories

Follow us on
Facebook & Twitter

Videos |Stories |Chat |Books |Store |Forum
Your Donations are appreciated
and help to promote and fund LAM.
Make a Donation

Privacy Tip: Setting your profile/My-Page visibility to "Members Only" will make your status updates visible to members only.

Community Links

Map

Videos

• Add Videos

We are an online social community of former mormons, ex-mormons, ex-LDS and sympathizers. Stay C.A.L.M. - Community After Leaving Mormonism

© 2017   Created by MikeUtah.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service