Jeffer R Holland's infamous talk: "Pressing forward and holding fast"

Here he is in the flesh if you want to see how desperate Holland seems. Try muting the video on the parts where he starts waving his hands and pointing his fingers. Doesn't that just make him looked pissed off and desperate? Don't watch if you have a weak stomach :-)

Part I

Part II

Views: 183

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

If you want to have some fun, be sure to check out the comments on youtube and add your own.
I've been hearing a lot about this talk, but I have to say, I'm a little shocked not that I've seen it.

It does seem a little over-the-top and desperate.
Could you please give the youtube link and the time-stamp on his going over the top? I just can't stomach watching the whole thing!
My bullshit detectors are on overdrive...
"In this their greatest and last hour of need, I ask you: Would these men blaspheme before God by continuing to fix their lives, their honor and their own search for eternal salvation on a book, and by implication on a church and a ministry they had fictitiously created out of whole cloth?"

Well, if they didn't realize it was their last hour of need, they just might. I suppose martyrdom is the last defense against the information pouring out on the Internet. I couldn't bear to move on to Part II. Somebody else better sum it up.
I listen to this and all I feel for him is pity. Desperation is a good word for what you describe, Micah. Was this delivered this last weekend?

ETA: The tone of this sermon seems somehow different than I remember. It almost seems like a pleading.
Ummm, unfortunately I can't understand him very well; does anybody know where can I read his talk??...and yessss, he looks
like desperate!!!!
I'm must stunned that he told the audience about Ethan Smith and Solomon Spaudling. The Spaulding theory is controversial, but B.H. Roberts thought that "A View of the Hebrews" was pretty damning evidence against the BofM.

Holland just told a bunch of GC goers to Google theories on why the BofM is a 19th C. document. Most of them won't, but the ones that do may very well leave the church.

Once I had read Fawn Brodie's book, I knew that if even a fraction of what she had written was true, JS was a fraud.
Sounds like an attack to me...this is the first presidency trying to fight people like us. You know I've never even heard that story about Hyram reading the scripture and folding the page. hmmm?
Right ON! I love that you posted this Micah. Not only is JH desperate, but it seems like his own rhetoric is dissolving before his own eyes in front of his peers. It is almost like he is trying to talk himself into believing in the BoM. Oh brother...so much for a pep talk..ha ha..really now.
I've watched more conference since leaving than I ever did when I was active.

"...quoting from and finding solace in a book. Which if NOT the very word of God would brand them as imposters and charlatans till the end of time. THEY WOULD NOT DO THAT."

Oh, sorry Elder Holland but they are branded as such.

This just shows... they are WORRIED. Getting very worried.
This talk should've been named "Pressing and Holding Fast Forward."

RSS

Our Stories

Follow us on
Facebook & Twitter

Videos |Stories |Chat |Books |Store |Forum
Your Donations are appreciated
and help to promote and fund LAM.
Make a Donation

Privacy Tip: Setting your profile/My-Page visibility to "Members Only" will make your status updates visible to members only.

Community Links

Map

Videos

• Add Videos

We are an online social community of former mormons, ex-mormons, ex-LDS and sympathizers. Stay C.A.L.M. - Community After Leaving Mormonism

© 2017   Created by MikeUtah.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service