As we approach 3,000 registered users here on LAM, I figured it would be nice to have a thread where anyone who wants to can briefly introduce themselves.  I'll start below in the comments.

Views: 883

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have found the following books helpful in my redefining of life-meaning and you might as well:

The Power of Now: A Guide to Spiritual Enlightenment

A New Earth: Awakening to Your Life's Purpose (Oprah's Book Club, S...

thanks Mike, I read the description in these books and they sound helpful... they are kinda the direction I have been hoping to go in.

Dear David, 

Hang tight my dear one... The Earth is going thru a great Cosmic Shift right at this very moment. You are very tuned into this energy. A huge vortex of Light is upon us and it has stirred us all up a bit. I can tell by your writings that you are a special soul who has come to Earth at this time to assist with the Transformation. 

This is the very reason why Mormonism and all phony philosophies are being exposed to the Light of Truth. No more lies. Those who have controlled us for soooo long are runnin scared, like rats on a sinking ship. 

All of us are here for you. You are a Beacon Of Light in this troubled world. 

All My Love to You,

Karl

What a great message, thanks Karl.

It feels good being called a special soul.

Finding a community (like this one) or /r/exmormon is very valuable.

Don't hesitate to reach out to people who have gone through it.  Know this, you are valuable as a human.  You have contributions to make.  And you are not alone.

this place is for sure valuable, but I'm not sure what contributions I could give to this world, I find it hard just existing most days ;)

I felt the same for a long time. I realized I needed to find out what my new values were outside of the church, what things I personally thought were important to me, and focused on making those my center.

Do you have any pets? When I was depressed I got a kitten. Having something depend on you and a creature who you take care of is very therapeutic.

It's funny you mention animals, they give me great comfort at the moment - even seeing the squirrels play in my garden.

Well who is to say who is Christian and who is not. I say if you profess to believe Chirst as your Saviour, then you are Christian, regardless of what you add or subtract to the mix. 

A religion derived from Jesus Christ, based on the Bible as sacred scripture

Just a thought.

Bar Kokhba

By his deathTorture Stake???  hmmm.  Please tell me you didn't go from being Mormon to being a Jehovah's Witness.

But that is not a discussion for this place, this is for introductions. 

Hi, I'm Bar Kokhba aka Devil Anse aka Devil Bar Kokhba.  I left the church while in my forties with no regret, no angry feelings for the church, just a really big relief to be able to live my life with no guilt and no longer be judged by men who I felt were very unqualified to judge my life in any way. 

I was free from having a wife who was married to the church and not to me. No more Mormon church in my bedroom, no more Mormon church in my life.  I had not bitter feelings, just a tremedous feeling of euphoria in knowing that it wasn't true.  I left before things were so easily available on the Internet, used only Mormon literature in my research.  Ultimately it was my old seminary book that gave me all the evidence I needed, along with entire nights of praying with no results. 

I love Life After Mormonism. I know with certainty that Joseph Smith was not a prophet of God, that the church is not true and I say these things in the name of research and logic - Amen.

Bar Kokhba

yes, can we please keep the stupid religious bickering on another thread. I am subscribed to this thread to read introductions, not to hear tired arguments from people who are insecure in their beliefs.

Thank you Trav.

RSS

Our Stories

Follow us on
Facebook & Twitter

Videos |Stories |Chat |Books |Store |Forum
Your Donations are appreciated
and help to promote and fund LAM.
Make a Donation

Privacy Tip: Setting your profile/My-Page visibility to "Members Only" will make your status updates visible to members only.

Community Links

Map

Videos

• Add Videos

We are an online social community of former mormons, ex-mormons, ex-LDS and sympathizers. Stay C.A.L.M. - Community After Leaving Mormonism

© 2017   Created by MikeUtah.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service