I was curious if there are any stats on how many people resign membership each year? Is it increasing with the abundance amount of knowledge available?

Views: 7271

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You don't have to see anyone.  However, they won't remove your name unless you at least confirm you sent the letter.   If you state you don't wanna be questioned about your decision they will most likely leave it alone.

The bishop here just said he needed to talk to me first in a voicemail then I called him back and he asked if I was okay that it cancelled baptism and my priesthood status and I said yes.

I like the ship/boat analogy EW - brings to mind the quote from Mark Twain:

"Throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."

Good posting Tx

I like your comments E.W.

I try to make it a point not to be a dick head.  However, Eric started it and I wanted to join in because it is more fun when you have someone teaming up with you.

However, I am not sure what his intentions were, just how you guys took it.

My intentions are refining my button pushing skills. I like to use social media (especially facebook) to become more effective an efficient at stirring up passions in others, and eliciting honest responses. As you can see by this thread, I'm getting pretty good at using the fewest words possible to generate the most response.

That's the means.

The end is to find out what people really think about certain issues that are important to me, and what motivates them to do the things they do. By doing so, my own world view can evolve, and I can possibly even find better ways to live my own life.

So I'll happily take people thinking I'm a "dickhead" in the short term if it produces a greater good for the long haul.

That's fine.

There is nothing wrong with being a dickhead. 

RSS

Our Stories

Follow us on
Facebook & Twitter

Videos |Stories |Chat |Books |Store |Forum
Your Donations are appreciated
and help to promote and fund LAM.
Make a Donation

Privacy Tip: Setting your profile/My-Page visibility to "Members Only" will make your status updates visible to members only.

Community Links

Map

Videos

• Add Videos

We are an online social community of former mormons, ex-mormons, ex-LDS and sympathizers. Stay C.A.L.M. - Community After Leaving Mormonism

© 2017   Created by MikeUtah.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service