Ever more social in appearance and purpose; feedback needed

As LAM becomes an ever more social site for those living life after Mormonism, I am ever aiming to design and layout the site with that in mind.  Below are some example layouts that I am exploring for LAM's appearance change for the next quarter and beyond.  Also new with this change (not shown) will be a new and revamped activity feed with instant status update appearance and inline commenting (similar to Facebook's news feed).  The new activity feed will be implemented weather I change the general appearance or not.  Please vote on which you like best and any comments you may have about it or anything else regarding the layout and appearance of LAM (click image to see full size).

A - Classic Blue

B - Classic White

C - LamBook

D - Classic Black

E - Sky-blue (added 6/17/2011)

Views: 129

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I like C and D the best, or some way to combine the two.  They look the cleanest and least confusing to me.
A or D, preferably D.  I like that black banner across the top, it tells you to look up there for instructions, IMO.
B or C because they're cleanest and simplest. D looks too messy looking with the different amount of white space (blue space) in between the content areas. Not aesthetically pleasing. Check out themeforest.net for some samples of high quality designs, for not too much money. Not sure if you can style this forum with those, though.
I like A or D, D a little more than A.
I like A
I'm a fan of A and D would be my second favorite.
Thanks for all of the feedback so far.  Can you please also comment on whether you prefer any (or all) of these new designs to the current appearance (the way LAM looks right now)?  Thanks!  Keep the feedback coming.

I think I prefer B.

Here are my initial reactions to each:

A - Looks like Myspace (*cringe*).

B - Elements are easily distinguishable (without the overkill).  Margins make it feel distinctive.

C - Dull, impersonal

D - Not as bad as A or C, but feels like Blogspot circa 2005.

Classic Black and thanks for your hard work.

Dave

I would actually prefer D to any of these. The layout and coloring just catches my eye more.

Here's another new look that's kind of a mix of B, C and D elements with a sky blue coloring (think Facebook).  Thoughts?

I still like D better in terms of the header

RSS

Our Stories

Follow us on
Facebook & Twitter

Videos |Stories |Chat |Books |Store |Forum
Your Donations are appreciated
and help to promote and fund LAM.
Make a Donation

Privacy Tip: Setting your profile/My-Page visibility to "Members Only" will make your status updates visible to members only.

Top Content This Week 

Community Links

Map

Videos

• Add Videos

We are an online social community of former mormons, ex-mormons, ex-LDS and sympathizers. Stay C.A.L.M. - Community After Leaving Mormonism

© 2017   Created by MikeUtah.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service