All Discussions Tagged 'marriage' (15)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

"Same Sex Marriage" Now Grounds for Apostasy in LDS Church, Children of Actively Gay Parents To Also Be Excluded

The LDS church has expanded their definitions for excommunication on the grounds of Apostasy to now include "Are in a same-gender marriage"…

Started by MikeUtah

14 Nov 12, 2015
Reply by Vickie Duncan

LDS Church Proves Once Again They Don't Believe In Free Agency for Gays or Children of Gays

Despite the LDS Church releasing the closed-door "interview" with Elder Christofferson yesterday, where he tried to reassure Mormons and no…

Started by MikeUtah

7 Nov 9, 2015
Reply by Z Doctor

Marriage survey - when one or both partners leave the LDS church

Hi - I'm running a survey (starting today, July 16, 2015) on marriages and religious change. If it applies to you, please consider taking i…

Started by adamfish

2 Jul 22, 2015
Reply by adamfish

Suffering a midlife crisis at 27. I blame the church.

I have discovered that drinking as a wife and mom is not really that fun and it is in fact frowned upon. Wishing I could have had actual co…

Started by tellymonsterisdead

6 Mar 3, 2014
Reply by europegirl

Mormon Reformation......

As I was flipping through my emails today I saw this link regarding Mormon Reformations.  There is a strong and growing number of people th…

Started by Don

3 Mar 22, 2013
Reply by Bar Kokhba

LiYana Silver-Article on getting over your Ex

From relationship expert LiYana: "Ever said something like, 'Part of me is ready to move on from my ex, but part of me can’t stop obsessing…

Started by MikeUtah

0 Feb 9, 2012

OBSESSED with marriage?!

I was a convert. I'm now leaving the church. I never got married in the temple and I am very glad I didn't. My question is...why are Mormon…

Started by almi325

21 Jan 5, 2012
Reply by ingle92protege

New Group: Mixed Marriage Support

A new group has been created on LAM for any of you navigating or who have navigated a mixed exmo/TBM relationship. If you are needing suppo…

Started by MikeUtah

0 Jan 3, 2011

Mormon Church makes changes to Packer's sermon regarding homosexuality

http://www.abc4.com/content/news/top_stories/story/Mormon-Church-makes-changes-to-Packers-sermon/OecTkSc980K76VXGKo2bSg.cspx SALT LAKE CIT…

Started by MikeUtah

11 Dec 27, 2010
Reply by Don

Postmormon Sexuality and Marriage

My wife and I left the church nearly four years ago. We married young, w/o prior sexual experience and suffered a lot of frustration becaus…

Started by Rick Tomlinson

18 Dec 12, 2010
Reply by Rick Tomlinson

RSS

Our Stories

Follow us on
Facebook & Twitter

Videos |Stories |Chat |Books |Store |Forum
Your Donations are appreciated
and help to promote and fund LAM.
Make a Donation

Privacy Tip: Setting your profile/My-Page visibility to "Members Only" will make your status updates visible to members only.

Community Links

Map

Videos

• Add Videos

We are an online social community of former mormons, ex-mormons, ex-LDS and sympathizers. Stay C.A.L.M. - Community After Leaving Mormonism

© 2017   Created by MikeUtah.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service