All Discussions Tagged 'excommunication' (10)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

DC (aka HCC aka “Court of Love”) is tonight! Wish me luck.

I'd really hate to put on a defense that's too convincing, but in my notes I have a few jabs I'll take at my SP. Maybe that will cement his…

Started by Bruce Holt

2 Apr 7, 2016
Reply by Bruce Holt

Be careful (or purposeful) with your Facebook Posts; they might get you Excommunicated

Last night, March 30th, 2016, a fellow user of LifeAfterMormonism.net, was formally excommunicated from the LDS church on the grounds of ap…

Started by MikeUtah

3 Apr 4, 2016
Reply by Bruce Holt

Taking the next step toward possible excommunication

I have my reasons for not resigning and they have to do with my TBM wife. It makes a difference to her WHO takes an ACTION. If I resign, th…

Started by Bruce Holt

3 Mar 23, 2016
Reply by Bruce Holt

"Same Sex Marriage" Now Grounds for Apostasy in LDS Church, Children of Actively Gay Parents To Also Be Excluded

The LDS church has expanded their definitions for excommunication on the grounds of Apostasy to now include "Are in a same-gender marriage"…

Started by MikeUtah

14 Nov 12, 2015
Reply by Vickie Duncan

John Dehlin speaking ill??

http://mormonstories.org/are-you-guilty-of-speaking-ill-of-the-lords-anointed/ This is a great post on John's Mormon Stories site! Enjoy!

Started by Bruce Holt

1 Jun 27, 2014
Reply by What is wanted?

Mormon Reformation......

As I was flipping through my emails today I saw this link regarding Mormon Reformations.  There is a strong and growing number of people th…

Started by Don

3 Mar 22, 2013
Reply by Bar Kokhba

DailyBeast: Mormons Want to Excommunicate Romney Critic

After writing negative articles about the Republican candidate, the managing editor of MormonThink.com says he faces excommunication. Is…

Started by MikeUtah

1 Jan 20, 2013
Reply by Christopher Peterson

MormonThink editor not the only blogger to face LDS church discipline

Here's another blogger who appears to be very much TBM but is facing a court for "conduct unbecoming of a member" for her blog: http://awak…

Started by MikeUtah

1 Sep 21, 2012
Reply by Linda mendel

Update on MormonThink.com Editor Pending Excommunication

Posted by request of an MT Editor: Various national media have gotten wind of the upcoming Disciplinary Council for the MormonThink.com Edi…

Started by MikeUtah

0 Sep 20, 2012

Rothbard's "The Sociology of the Ayn Rand Cult"

I thought this article written by the late great Murray Rothbard was utterly fascinating, not only for the insight into the world of Ayn Ra…

Started by Brendan

0 Nov 3, 2009

RSS

Our Stories

Follow us on
Facebook & Twitter

Videos |Stories |Chat |Books |Store |Forum
Your Donations are appreciated
and help to promote and fund LAM.
Make a Donation

Privacy Tip: Setting your profile/My-Page visibility to "Members Only" will make your status updates visible to members only.

Community Links

Map

Videos

• Add Videos

We are an online social community of former mormons, ex-mormons, ex-LDS and sympathizers. Stay C.A.L.M. - Community After Leaving Mormonism

© 2017   Created by MikeUtah.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service