Our Exit Stories (80)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Science started my escape

Hello everyone, I am new to the post-mormon world and would like to tell my story. I am feeling a little alone right now and hope to connec…

Started by soloshotfirst

15 Nov 16, 2012
Reply by Mikki B

A long story from a life-long Mormon

I started writing down my exit story 11 months ago -- as an effort to understand myself and what was going on with my thinking and feeling.…

Started by Thayne Andersen

0 Jan 16, 2012

Why I'm proud of my DH (or my DH's Exit story)

This is what he posted on his FB, denouncing the LDS faith: "I am about to be up-front in a way that some people might find offensive. I wi…

Started by BlueCodeRed

0 Dec 1, 2011

My Exit Story

I was born and raised in the church and believed it 110% for 50 years. I had a Temple Marriage, was a member of the Bishopric, paid my tith…

Started by tethercarguy

9 Jun 8, 2012
Reply by tethercarguy

My Exit Story

I grew up outside of the church, in a non-denominational church. My parents didn't always live according to the faith (especially my mom).…

Started by BlueCodeRed

6 Dec 1, 2011
Reply by Idaho Spud

Late Bloomer

I was raised in the Mormon church.  Although my parents weren't active, I feel I was brainwashed.  Even after my father passed away early i…

Started by armadillo

1 Nov 9, 2011
Reply by AThinker

The Right to Think.....

We, as individuals, all in different phases of growth, have the right to think as we choose without external manipulation or fear tactics…

Started by Don

3 Nov 9, 2011
Reply by Don

What Mormonism is and How I Stopped Mistaking it For Something Else

What Mormonism is and how I stopped mistaking it for something else My name is Cora. I'm a woman, 43 years old and an ex-Mormon. I had my f…

Started by Cora Judd

20 Jul 13, 2012
Reply by KimC

Turning away from the past

I was raised in a home with a mormon-raised mother and a non-member father. My father was an alcoholic and both parents had serious drug ad…

Started by Mikaela

3 Nov 6, 2011
Reply by chime

Silent and Patient

I've thought about this long and hard, about why I left, and what sparked it. Atheism, I guess it started with that. As an atheist, anti-th…

Started by AThinker

1 Sep 1, 2011
Reply by Turning point

RSS

Our Stories

Follow us on
Facebook & Twitter

Videos |Stories |Chat |Books |Store |Forum
Your Donations are appreciated
and help to promote and fund LAM.
Make a Donation

Privacy Tip: Setting your profile/My-Page visibility to "Members Only" will make your status updates visible to members only.

Community Links

Map

Videos

• Add Videos

We are an online social community of former mormons, ex-mormons, ex-LDS and sympathizers. Stay C.A.L.M. - Community After Leaving Mormonism

© 2017   Created by MikeUtah.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service