Our Exit Stories (80)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Journey Shifts

For me, leaving the church was just another shift in my spiritual path.  On one level, it was not hard because it was so clear to me that s…

Started by Rei of Light

10 Dec 13, 2014
Reply by Sarah.J

Leaving the mission early

*It has taken me 4 years to finally sit down and go over my narrative and put it into words. This has been very therapeutic for me, and I h…

Started by jaded

16 Oct 4, 2015
Reply by Grettir Asmundarson

Pious, Perfect, and Comatose

I guess, looking back, my exit started when I was very young.  I just resisted it for a long time. I remember having the thought, at around…

Started by Avalyne

5 Jun 11, 2015
Reply by KosherKittie

I should have stayed out while I had the chance!

I am still an active member (the First Assistant to the High Priest Group Leader in our Ward) but with significant doubts (in spite of Uchd…

Started by Bruce Holt

14 Jun 1, 2015
Reply by Bruce Holt

My Story

I was a member of the church for 49 years. I believed that the Book of Mormon was true and my perceptions of American Indians were shaped b…

Started by tapirrider

9 Feb 1, 2014
Reply by nobuddy

Child molestation

I left the 'church' after my nephew was molested by a youth leader. When this was reported to church authorities (Bishop and Stake Pres.)…

Started by DSholly

2 Jun 20, 2015
Reply by atlast

Moving on amidst my grief

The full narrative of my departure from the faith could be pretty lengthy. There are so many interconnected parts that it's hard to know wh…

Started by Mournful Exmo

4 Jun 27, 2015
Reply by KosherKittie

Child molestation

By now, the entire world is aware of Catholicism's problem with child molestation.  However, how many people are aware that the LDS ch…

Started by lemual Poot

1 Jun 20, 2015
Reply by atlast

No forgiveness for the sinner

hi all. little fin here, attempting to swim out of his comfort zone.   i was born to a bic father and a convert mother. i was bic. did all…

Started by little fin

0 Apr 3, 2013

Getting out of the Hell Mouth

I want to share my exit story with you guys, but first I would like to share a little bit of my background, if you all don’t mind. I wasn’t…

Started by Dominique Wilson

6 Feb 18, 2013
Reply by MikeMichigan

RSS

Our Stories

Follow us on
Facebook & Twitter

Videos |Stories |Chat |Books |Store |Forum
Your Donations are appreciated
and help to promote and fund LAM.
Make a Donation

Privacy Tip: Setting your profile/My-Page visibility to "Members Only" will make your status updates visible to members only.

Community Links

Map

Videos

• Add Videos

We are an online social community of former mormons, ex-mormons, ex-LDS and sympathizers. Stay C.A.L.M. - Community After Leaving Mormonism

© 2017   Created by MikeUtah.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service