Our Exit Stories (80)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Rear View Mirror- Dana's Exit Story

Rear View Mirror Woulda, Coulda, Shoulda seem to be a pretty good mantra for my views into the past of being LDS. It all seems so surreal…

Started by Dana K. Dahl

11 Sep 12, 2011
Reply by Turning point

Silent and Patient

I've thought about this long and hard, about why I left, and what sparked it. Atheism, I guess it started with that. As an atheist, anti-th…

Started by AThinker

1 Sep 1, 2011
Reply by Turning point

Discovering Self

These things are always kind of hard... My transition has been fairly gradual over the last ten or so years, and it's hard to sum it up wit…

Started by Akamar

6 Aug 4, 2011
Reply by abbie

Discovery 101 -- My Exit Letter

The following is the exit letter provided to our bishop in 2006.  It describes the journey that resulted in our exit from the LDS church. …

Started by JD

2 Jul 29, 2011
Reply by Idaho Spud

Why I Left the Mormon Church

This is a letter I recently prepared covering all my reasons for leaving church, the beliefs I've abandoned and kept, and the benefits I've…

Started by Brandags

13 Jul 28, 2011
Reply by abbie

I have a story, I've just never told it.

I'm not exactly sure where to begin, but I will give it my best shot! Please excuse the lengthiness!   I knew I wasn't like the other TBM k…

Started by loveslabourslost

20 Jul 25, 2011
Reply by pollypinks

Peter's Exit Story

Read the below link: http://www.postmormon.org/exp_e/index.php/pomopedia/Peter%27s_Exit_Story/

Started by Dick

4 Jul 24, 2011
Reply by abbie

My Long Road Out

I thought I should finally post my exit story. I am doing it in two parts. I know, I know, it's long.   Part 1 contains more of the uncerta…

Started by Happy Guy

5 Jul 24, 2011
Reply by abbie

My Secret Life as a Shadow Mormon

I was born in the covenant. I was the girl that your primary school teacher would say was so special, or that the young women's leaders wou…

Started by Noirceur

11 Jun 27, 2011
Reply by ain't no mo no mo

"exiting" story

Because I am still on that long road out, I have to term my story as in progress.BIC in Utah county, I grew up in the Church, knew nothing…

Started by james

21 Apr 23, 2011
Reply by Roz

RSS

Our Stories

Follow us on
Facebook & Twitter

Videos |Stories |Chat |Books |Store |Forum
Your Donations are appreciated
and help to promote and fund LAM.
Make a Donation

Privacy Tip: Setting your profile/My-Page visibility to "Members Only" will make your status updates visible to members only.

Top Content This Week 

Community Links

Map

Videos

• Add Videos

We are an online social community of former mormons, ex-mormons, ex-LDS and sympathizers. Stay C.A.L.M. - Community After Leaving Mormonism

© 2017   Created by MikeUtah.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service