Our Exit Stories (80)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

My Exit Story

I grew up outside of the church, in a non-denominational church. My parents didn't always live according to the faith (especially my mom).…

Started by BlueCodeRed

6 Dec 1, 2011
Reply by Idaho Spud

Suiside epidemic in utah: Mormon Guilt

Suiside epidemic in utah: I am a mormon raised by a New York vietnam vet he was converted at18 and byu grad after war he married my mom a b…

Started by Grumalt

8 Nov 11, 2011
Reply by Little Nell

Exit Story

I was born into the church, and was always the one who tried to set an example to go to everything.  I believed the church was true based o…

Started by abbie

2 Nov 11, 2011
Reply by Little Nell

The Right to Think.....

We, as individuals, all in different phases of growth, have the right to think as we choose without external manipulation or fear tactics…

Started by Don

3 Nov 9, 2011
Reply by Don

Late Bloomer

I was raised in the Mormon church.  Although my parents weren't active, I feel I was brainwashed.  Even after my father passed away early i…

Started by armadillo

1 Nov 9, 2011
Reply by AThinker

Turning away from the past

I was raised in a home with a mormon-raised mother and a non-member father. My father was an alcoholic and both parents had serious drug ad…

Started by Mikaela

3 Nov 6, 2011
Reply by chime

My story..one of interest and intrigue<not really..

My name is Jenny. I have been married 23 years to my soulmate, we have seven children together. Why did I leave? I was becoming sick at th…

Started by JennyD

11 Oct 23, 2011
Reply by Debrauk

More Difficult to Leave...

As many of you have, I was born and raised into Mormonism. In a seemingly loving and happy family.  I knew the church and loved it, but eve…

Started by Tyler Jones

11 Oct 20, 2011
Reply by finally out

My double life

I joined the church with my family when I was 5. Although I wasn't born into it, it's been all I know. We were sealed together in the templ…

Started by Erica

10 Oct 16, 2011
Reply by Zaque

Paradox: My Exit Story

The following letter, I sent to my family and close friends as I left the Mormon Church in October of 2008. My intention was to be upfront…

Started by Shane Jackman

40 Oct 12, 2011
Reply by Tom

RSS

Our Stories

Follow us on
Facebook & Twitter

Videos |Stories |Chat |Books |Store |Forum
Your Donations are appreciated
and help to promote and fund LAM.
Make a Donation

Privacy Tip: Setting your profile/My-Page visibility to "Members Only" will make your status updates visible to members only.

Community Links

Map

Videos

• Add Videos

We are an online social community of former mormons, ex-mormons, ex-LDS and sympathizers. Stay C.A.L.M. - Community After Leaving Mormonism

© 2017   Created by MikeUtah.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service