Our Exit Stories (80)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Turning the away is the best thing i've done.

So let me start off by saying i have been a member of the "church of jesus christ of latter day saints" all my life. born raised and was pr…

Started by hother

1 Aug 10, 2012
Reply by Kristen

What Mormonism is and How I Stopped Mistaking it For Something Else

What Mormonism is and how I stopped mistaking it for something else My name is Cora. I'm a woman, 43 years old and an ex-Mormon. I had my f…

Started by Cora Judd

20 Jul 13, 2012
Reply by KimC

Kori's Exit Story

Thanks Mike for creating another forum to give our authentic selves expression. If you've been hanging around the DAMU awhile, like me, an…

Started by Gordo

16 Jun 10, 2012
Reply by MM- Marshall

My Exit Story

I was born and raised in the church and believed it 110% for 50 years. I had a Temple Marriage, was a member of the Bishopric, paid my tith…

Started by tethercarguy

9 Jun 8, 2012
Reply by tethercarguy

How i finally am leaving...

This is hard for me to write, but I figure it is time to write this down. My story with Mormonism begins when I was born to…

Started by malachai_florida

4 May 13, 2012
Reply by malachai_florida

Why I Left the Mormon Church and Became a Daheshist

1. My Introduction to Mormonism I grew up mostly in Santa Monica, California. I was raised with no religion, but my father used to occasio…

Started by DoctorDahesh

5 Mar 29, 2012
Reply by pollypinks

Still sick to my stomache

I know there isn't much that you can help me with right now, but I was hoping for a minute that you didn't mind just reading a vent.   I am…

Started by Nathan- King of the World!

113 Mar 2, 2012
Reply by Lyndee

Never Looking Back...

Well, I am keeping my eye out just to be on the safe side!I was born and raised in the church in Utah. I never grew up truly orthodox and I…

Started by Gofita

27 Feb 11, 2012
Reply by Don

A long story from a life-long Mormon

I started writing down my exit story 11 months ago -- as an effort to understand myself and what was going on with my thinking and feeling.…

Started by Thayne Andersen

0 Jan 16, 2012

Why I'm proud of my DH (or my DH's Exit story)

This is what he posted on his FB, denouncing the LDS faith: "I am about to be up-front in a way that some people might find offensive. I wi…

Started by BlueCodeRed

0 Dec 1, 2011

RSS

Our Stories

Follow us on
Facebook & Twitter

Videos |Stories |Chat |Books |Store |Forum
Your Donations are appreciated
and help to promote and fund LAM.
Make a Donation

Privacy Tip: Setting your profile/My-Page visibility to "Members Only" will make your status updates visible to members only.

Community Links

Map

Videos

• Add Videos

We are an online social community of former mormons, ex-mormons, ex-LDS and sympathizers. Stay C.A.L.M. - Community After Leaving Mormonism

© 2017   Created by MikeUtah.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service