Our Exit Stories (80)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Child molestation

I left the 'church' after my nephew was molested by a youth leader. When this was reported to church authorities (Bishop and Stake Pres.)…

Started by DSholly

2 Jun 20, 2015
Reply by atlast

Started by Smilez

5 Jun 15, 2015
Reply by tess

Pious, Perfect, and Comatose

I guess, looking back, my exit started when I was very young.  I just resisted it for a long time. I remember having the thought, at around…

Started by Avalyne

5 Jun 11, 2015
Reply by KosherKittie

I should have stayed out while I had the chance!

I am still an active member (the First Assistant to the High Priest Group Leader in our Ward) but with significant doubts (in spite of Uchd…

Started by Bruce Holt

14 Jun 1, 2015
Reply by Bruce Holt

Seeing through a glass darkly

My road out of Mormonism hasn't been a straight one.  It has been a lifelong process, and meandering as I've traveled through from where I'…

Started by AmyJoMeg

0 Mar 7, 2015

Journey Shifts

For me, leaving the church was just another shift in my spiritual path.  On one level, it was not hard because it was so clear to me that s…

Started by Rei of Light

10 Dec 13, 2014
Reply by Sarah.J

How I came to my decision to leave the "church."

Firstly I'll tell some of my history. I was a convert to the church in 1966. At the time I was twenty years old and dating a LDS girl I had…

Started by Mike1

4 Dec 12, 2014
Reply by cynthia

Wandering into the truth

This is a little long and a bit of rambling from me.... but its about me and why I am where I am now.I wasn't born into the church, but pre…

Started by What is wanted?

2 Nov 5, 2014
Reply by Amandawashere

Micah's exit from Mormonism

I finally put my story into words. I know it's long but it covers as much as I could without writing a book. I hope you find it interesting…

Started by MikeUtah

40 Sep 25, 2014
Reply by Robert

My Story

Alright so after a few weeks of my cousin Hair bugging me to join I did.  Thus i will add my story.  I'm honestly still a little on the fe…

Started by Jeff

5 Sep 22, 2014
Reply by Jeff

RSS

Our Stories

Follow us on
Facebook & Twitter

Videos |Stories |Chat |Books |Store |Forum
Your Donations are appreciated
and help to promote and fund LAM.
Make a Donation

Privacy Tip: Setting your profile/My-Page visibility to "Members Only" will make your status updates visible to members only.

Community Links

Map

Videos

• Add Videos

We are an online social community of former mormons, ex-mormons, ex-LDS and sympathizers. Stay C.A.L.M. - Community After Leaving Mormonism

© 2017   Created by MikeUtah.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service