Our Exit Stories (80)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Leaving the Church Survey

A couple of ex-Mormon colleagues and I are doing this survey to learn more about the experiences of people as they leave the LDS Church.  …

Started by CliffE

3 Jun 21, 2016
Reply by onepianoman

My Post Mormon Journey

View MY POSTMORMON JOURNEY    I spent 48 years as a practicing Mormon. To give an overview of my life in the Church, I'll give you al…

Started by Dick

3 Dec 16, 2015
Reply by missymoo918

Leaving the mission early

*It has taken me 4 years to finally sit down and go over my narrative and put it into words. This has been very therapeutic for me, and I h…

Started by jaded

16 Oct 4, 2015
Reply by Grettir Asmundarson

one last strain of craze....final testimony

May 10th, 2015   Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints 50 East North Temple St. Salt Lake City, Utah 84150     To the First Presidenc…

Started by cifa22

2 Aug 30, 2015
Reply by cifa22

My reason, and the letter to my 'parents'

As I progressed from RM to BYU graduate (unmarried) to mid 30's (still unmarried), I got increasing 'advice' (pressure) from my parents abo…

Started by Shadowpuck

2 Jul 13, 2015
Reply by Larry

A Logical Brain: From “Trial” to Gift

(If this story seems familiar, it's because I posted it a while back and had to delete it.) Section One: My Enlightenment I grew up with ma…

Started by BrynnB90

8 Jun 28, 2015
Reply by nobuddy

Moving on amidst my grief

The full narrative of my departure from the faith could be pretty lengthy. There are so many interconnected parts that it's hard to know wh…

Started by Mournful Exmo

4 Jun 27, 2015
Reply by KosherKittie

Taking My Leave or Regaining My Sanity

~ MY STORY ~  Stolen from the Baptists and converted in the mission field, baptised at 18, attended Ricks and BYU, never quite fit in. . .…

Started by KosherKittie

0 Jun 27, 2015

I was very active for 43 years, and then got 'the big reveal'!

My wife and I were 'all in'. I had been a VERY active member of the church for 43 years. I had served in a wide range of callings including…

Started by KCExmoAdmin

44 Jun 24, 2015
Reply by Larry

Child molestation

By now, the entire world is aware of Catholicism's problem with child molestation.  However, how many people are aware that the LDS ch…

Started by lemual Poot

1 Jun 20, 2015
Reply by atlast

RSS

Our Stories

Follow us on
Facebook & Twitter

Videos |Stories |Chat |Books |Store |Forum
Your Donations are appreciated
and help to promote and fund LAM.
Make a Donation

Privacy Tip: Setting your profile/My-Page visibility to "Members Only" will make your status updates visible to members only.

Top Content This Week 

Community Links

Map

Videos

• Add Videos

We are an online social community of former mormons, ex-mormons, ex-LDS and sympathizers. Stay C.A.L.M. - Community After Leaving Mormonism

© 2017   Created by MikeUtah.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service