General Discussion (1,185)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Pure Mormonism Blog Post on Why Mormons should skip a temple wedding.

Skip That Temple Wedding   Alan Rock Waterman, author of the Pure Mormonism Blog has done an outstanding write up of the exclusionary templ…

Started by Suspicious Minds

17 Feb 27, 2011
Reply by Cassie

I need some help dealing with a potentially touchy and potentially mormon subject

I will be discussing three individuals in this message anonymously. For reference, I will call them persons A, B, and C. Person A is a pers…

Started by ERIC

24 Feb 27, 2011
Reply by Don

The LDS Church's Unequal Treatment of Gay and Feminist Activists

Huffington Post:  The LDS Church's Unequal Treatment of Gay and Feminist Activists   From the article:    "80 percent of the young women…

Started by MikeUtah

4 Feb 24, 2011
Reply by pollypinks

The Reality of Lehi's Vision

Let's assume, that for a moment, that the Book of Mormon is historically accurate.  One of the most important piece of Latter Day revelatio…

Started by GT_Marie0131

4 Feb 23, 2011
Reply by pollypinks

Making Sure Mormon Children Live By Faith

How is it that one child in a TBM family will grow up totally committed to the faith paradigm while another child in the same family grows…

Started by Dan Johnson

13 Feb 20, 2011
Reply by Dan Johnson

My posting locale doesn't show on the interactive maps anymore

I live in Richland, Wa, and up until about a week ago would see it on the interactive maps when I logged on. Now it never shows. Several ot…

Started by Carol

3 Feb 19, 2011
Reply by MikeUtah

Joesph Smith the Innocent Victim.

Joesph Smith the innocent victim. Richard and Pamela Price have written a book entitled Joseph Smith Fought Polygamy: How Men Nearest the P…

Started by Dan

18 Feb 16, 2011
Reply by MikeUtah

For Young Women Only: Your Body, Your Garage

For those of you familiar with Boyd K. Packer's talk "For Young Men Only" on the evils of Masturbation, than you will find this made up tal…

Started by MikeUtah

7 Feb 15, 2011
Reply by Karl Christen

Are the Morg.secret police watching us?

I live half-way across the world from Utah, but just recently, both my Facebook and e-mail accounts have been hacked into, and the attacker…

Started by Phil

3 Feb 14, 2011
Reply by Brian Utley

Mormon Woman's Choice's--Modern Love

My friend in Virginia sent me this link...   http://www.nytimes.com/2011/01/09/fashion/09Modern.html?pagewanted=1&_r=1

Started by Daisy

3 Feb 9, 2011
Reply by Akamar

RSS

Our Stories

Follow us on
Facebook & Twitter

Videos |Stories |Chat |Books |Store |Forum
Your Donations are appreciated
and help to promote and fund LAM.
Make a Donation

Privacy Tip: Setting your profile/My-Page visibility to "Members Only" will make your status updates visible to members only.

Community Links

Map

Videos

• Add Videos

We are an online social community of former mormons, ex-mormons, ex-LDS and sympathizers. Stay C.A.L.M. - Community After Leaving Mormonism

© 2017   Created by MikeUtah.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service