General Discussion (1,186)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

How do you handle it when you meet old/new mormon friends?

So I live in Taiwan. I have almost no bitterness toward the church because, guess what...I have no contact with the church and all of my mo…

Started by CamBam

10 Mar 11, 2011
Reply by pollypinks

Centerfield

I noticed that one of the members live in Centerfield, Utah. I live in the same area. Those of you who live in this area please PM me and l…

Started by Dick

1 Mar 11, 2011
Reply by MikeUtah

One Thing Only................

Let's see how similar or different we are....   What is the ONE THING that makes your say "I am so glad I don't have to do THAT anymore" -…

Started by Enlightened

14 Mar 10, 2011
Reply by Sandia Jones

What the Church Misses, More Than Anything

There is one inherently flawed component of the cultural model that has become the standard model of living for most Mormons in Utah.  The…

Started by GT_Marie0131

0 Mar 10, 2011

Issues I'm having lately

Most of the time the issues surrounding the church are just not that relevant to me anymore. I spend little time being concerned with the f…

Started by Kathy

31 Mar 8, 2011
Reply by Rodger Lee

Author Anne Rice: "When you see the persecution of gay people by the Mormon Church, I'm not a part of it"

"As I said below, I quit being a Christian. I'm out. In the name of Christ, I refuse to be anti-gay. I refuse to be anti-feminist. I refuse…

Started by Phoenix

19 Mar 7, 2011
Reply by Don

LIBYA

My son is still missing in Libya. He was working for a British Oil company. Amongst our friends here, are there any other loved ones missin…

Started by Phil

5 Mar 6, 2011
Reply by pollypinks

I need some help with some serious mind f**k

This is my first attempt at addressing anything here. Please be patient and understanding if it seems if this is the wrong place for me to…

Started by Harold

23 Mar 6, 2011
Reply by Lapsed

Article

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2011/03/03/AR2011030303004.html This idiot is quoting directly from the Church's Proc…

Started by Dick

4 Mar 4, 2011
Reply by Akamar

PTSD

PTSD So, I have been thinking, not often I do this…. My time as a full time missionary was very chaotic and stressful. You know how demandi…

Started by BCandfree

4 Mar 2, 2011
Reply by BCandfree

RSS

Our Stories

Follow us on
Facebook & Twitter

Videos |Stories |Chat |Books |Store |Forum
Your Donations are appreciated
and help to promote and fund LAM.
Make a Donation

Privacy Tip: Setting your profile/My-Page visibility to "Members Only" will make your status updates visible to members only.

Community Links

Map

Videos

• Add Videos

We are an online social community of former mormons, ex-mormons, ex-LDS and sympathizers. Stay C.A.L.M. - Community After Leaving Mormonism

© 2017   Created by MikeUtah.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service