General Discussion (1,188)

Featured Discussions

#1 reason for leaving the mormon faith? Please share your experience.

I'm interested in hearing the number one reason why everyone left the mormon church. What was the final straw that broke the camels back fo…

Started by UTELatest Reply

What is Tolerance?

To preface I would just like to add that this is a difficult topic to articulate so I will do my best.    As I have many friends and family…

Started by hamsonbLatest Reply

It Gets Better!!

Finding out that the church wasn't true a few years ago was a huge blow for me. It's funny now that I look back I can see all the steps - (…

Started by E.WLatest Reply

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Getting tired of missionaries pressuring me to be baptized!

I'm meeting with missionaries and now they always talk about baptism! I told them I'm not ready and get if you do not get baptized you will…

Started by Lisa Agnew

0 Sep 12

Getting tired of missionaries pressuring me to be baptized!

I'm meeting with missionaries and now they always talk about baptism! I told them I'm not ready and get if you do not get baptized you will…

Started by Lisa Agnew

0 Sep 12

The concept of God

I've noticed that a very common argument in favor of atheism is that you don't NEED a God to explain the universe, or life: you can point t…

Started by veritessa

0 Jul 26

This site really lays out the factual problems with the Book of Mormon

http://realbookofmormon.org/random-fact/ 1001 facts-easy reasoning to dismiss Mormonism.

Started by Millie

0 Jul 2

LAM - A fond farewell from Bar Kokhba

Even though I haven't been a part of LAM for a very long time, I was very sad to hear it will be closing down at the end of July. I think t…

Started by Bar Kokhba

0 Jun 6

I'm new, and an exiting Jehivah's Witness

It probably seems odd I would post here, but there is a reason for doing so. Waking up to the realization that the faith I had been born in…

Started by Miranda

8 Apr 8
Reply by Ashley

Mormon Garments/Underwear ("magic undergarments")

This is an informational post for those who never had the "privilege"  of wearing or being endowed in the "garment of the holy priesthood",…

Started by MikeUtah

10 Apr 8
Reply by Ashley

Choices After Leaving the Church

This has been on my mind quite a bit, lately. It intrigues me to ponder why some ex-members abandon religion entirely, while others seek ou…

Started by GOSPELOFDESPAIR

4 Apr 8
Reply by Ashley

See why ppl left the church and add your reason.

This is interesting. you can find a location and see why people left the church. You can add your location and reason-anonymously .   https…

Started by Millie

0 Mar 9

Missions

I have a question for any exmormons or anyone who has a better knowledge of missions.  My daughter is dating a Mormon and I am not one of t…

Started by Ging

9 Feb 22
Reply by KindSmile

RSS

Our Stories

Follow us on
Facebook & Twitter

Videos |Stories |Chat |Books |Store |Forum
Your Donations are appreciated
and help to promote and fund LAM.
Make a Donation

Privacy Tip: Setting your profile/My-Page visibility to "Members Only" will make your status updates visible to members only.

Community Links

Map

Videos

• Add Videos

We are an online social community of former mormons, ex-mormons, ex-LDS and sympathizers. Stay C.A.L.M. - Community After Leaving Mormonism

© 2017   Created by MikeUtah.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service